Here is a recipe of this very popular Indian snack – Chakri.
- ½ kg rice flour
- 1/4th cup fresh cream
- 1/4th teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4th teaspoon sesame (Tal) seeds
- ½ teaspoon green chilly powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon sour curd
- Oil to fry
- In a large steel bowl, mix all the above ingredients except oil.
- Knead the ingredients by making a dough by adding a little water (as required).
- Make a soft dough.
- Put the dough in Sev maker machine with Chakri nozzle.
- Carefully spiral the Sev maker for 3 to 4 rounds for each piece.
- Take thick frying pan.
- Add oil in the frying pan heat it with a fast stove.
- Slowly & carefully add the raw Chakri pieces in the frying pan.
- Bring the stove speed to the medium level.(See the featured picture)
- Fry till Chakri becomes pink.
- Take out the Chakari from the frying pan with the help of frying sieve
Keep the Chakri open in a dish for a while and then store it in air tight container after it cools down. It can remain good for up to 2 weeks.
This is a snack item and can be consumed with evening tea, can be carried on a picnic or while travelling.
Health warning: Sometimes if not made properly it can become so hard that it can break your teeth too !!
Can’t resist the temptation; Click to Buy Chakri – Murukku.