Mexican cuisine is created mostly with ingredients native to Mexico, as well as those brought over by the Spanish cancerous, with some new influences since then.
Vegetables play an important role in Mexican cuisine. Common vegetables include zucchini, cauliflower, corn, potatoes, spinach, Swiss chard, mushrooms, red tomato, green tomato, etc.
Let’s now learn to make an Indian version of Mexican herb rice. Ingredients quantity in the recipe are for 4 servings.
Mexican Herb Rice
- 1 bowl Basmati rice
- 2 teaspoon mix herbs
- ½ teaspoon Chilli flakes
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- 4 Tomatoes
- Basil (Optional)
- 3 tablespoon Oil
- 2 tablespoon Finely or chopped Capsicum
- 4 stakes of Coriander
- Salt to taste
- Boil the rice in a medium size bowl
- After the rice is boiled, take out in a sieve in and remove the water
- Let the rice cool down to the room temperature
- Take non-stick pan, add oil and start the gas stove
- After the oil is heated, add capsicum, mix herbs, chili flakes, black pepper powder, and salt. Add basil leaves.
- Saute all the ingredients well.
- Add cooked rice in the pan and mix lightly.
- Lower the gas flames.
- After 5 (five) minutes, the herb rice is ready.
- Garnish with Coriander and basil leaves. Its ready to serve (Wait, better to serve with Stir-fry Vegetable)
Stir-fry Vegetable with baked beans:
- ½ cup Cabbage, long cut
- ½ cup Capsicum. long cut
- 1 cup/tin backed beans
- 1 Tomato, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- Salt to taste
- Cottage cheese (for garnish)
- Keep frying pan on a gas stove and add oil.
- Once the oil is heated, add tomato pieces, green chili, and salt.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Then add beans, cabbage & capsicum pieces, black pepper powder. (Cabbage & capsicum pieces are added later in the process to keep it crispy.)
- Mix well everything in a pan.
- Let it simmer for 7 to 8 (seven to eight) minutes.
- Garnish with cottage cheese and serve hot.
Place stir-fry vegetable in the middle of a deep plate and surround it by Mexican herb rice.
It’s a complete meal.