Merry Christmas is a wishful thinking unless we make an attempt to make it a merry.
“Christmas gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us – a time when we can look back on the year that has passed and prepare for the year ahead.” David Cameron
Yes, this is the time to reflect on the past and plan for the future, the next year. We all have one week to decide how to make our future merrier.
Motivational author and speaker, Robin Sharma has said,” “Don’t live the same year, 75 times and call it a life.” Most of us are living the same life year after year and finally retire or die. Remember the biggest regret in life is I could have.
Take a risk, life is about courage. Seth Godin has said,” The cost of being wrong is less than doing nothing.” The famous Helen Keller had said it beautifully,
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.”
There is no dearth of motivation and motivational quotes. What we really lack is courage. What we really lack is the understanding how time flies and life comes to an end.
“You can’t find your passion if you don’t push through the pain.” Jeff Goins, The Art of Work: A Proven Path to Discovering What You Were Meant to Do
Pain is a part of the process. Yet plan to do something what you really wanted to do in life in the year 2018. Dare to dream is one part but pursuing your dream is the real act of courage.
“Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, maybe you should set up a life you don’t need to escape from.” Seth Godin
Christmas is the time when we all are happy and little kinder. “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” Charles M. Schulz.
The problem is even we don’t know what giving means. Giving a box of chocolate or cake to others is an act of giving but the real giving is giving your art to the world.
“Art is a personal gift that changes the recipient. The medium doesn’t matter. The intent does.” Seth Godin, Linchpin: Are You Indispensable?
This Christmas will be merry if;
- You decide to do something you always wanted do but deferred. (remember, pain is the part of the process, Jeff Goins)
- You will change the way you will live your next year/ remaining years. (remember Robin Sharma, no more monotones years; we are closer to 75 than we think.)
- Take risk, show courage and create your own art which changes the recipient. (remember Seth Godin)
- No more grudges or negativity or fear. “Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity or registering wrongs.” Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre.
- Give whatever and whenever you can. “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” Charles Dickens
- Finally “A good conscience is a continual Christmas.” Benjamin Franklin
Reclaim your life. “At the age of four, you were an artist. And at seven, you were a poet.” Seth Godin, Linchpin: Are You Indispensable?
Act now. “Soon is not as good as now.” Seth Godin, Poke the Box.
Decide and plan now. 1st Jan 2018 is just a week away.
Liked the post? Share it. Liked the post? Subscribe the Blog for regular updates in your inbox.