This is a Gujarati recipe. No Gujarati meal with Aam Ras and Puri is complete without Fajeto. Fajeto is a preparation of Mango Juice.
- 1 bowl Mango Juice (Aam Ras)
- 2 ½ bowl Water
- 1 teaspoon Gram Flour (Besan Flour)
- 2 teaspoon Sugar (According to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Few leaves of Coriander leaves (For Garnishing)
For Seasoning (Tadka/Vaghar)
- 1 teaspoon Ghee (Clear Butter)
- 1 piece Bay leaves (Tejpatta)
- 1 piece Cinnamon
- 2 pieces Clove
- 1 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera)
- 5/6 leaves Curry Leaves (Kadhi Patta)
- Add Mango Juice, water, and gram flour in a deep bowl and mix with a hand blender.
- Take a deep thick cooking vessel put Ghee after it is heated for a while add all other ingredients of seasoning.
- Add mixture prepared as per 1 above in the cooking vessel.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Boil the mixture for about 15 minutes.
- Fajeto i.e. Mango Kadhi is ready.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves and serve hot.
Usually, Gujarati people eat this preparation with rice. This can also be consumed alone. Fajeto is good for the stomach. Enjoy hot recipe tasting like a Mango Juice. This is very yummy and mouth watering preparation.