This healthy recipe is made from Majestic Multigrain Flour (Desai Vada Lot).
This special flour has its origin in south Gujarat, India. This is used especially by Desai community. Known as Anavil Brahmins this community dominant in Surat and Valsad districts of south Gujarat, India, where they have been significant land-owners.
The famous known Anavil is Indian former Prime Minister Shri Morarji Desai. Mr. Klass W VanDer Veen – a Dutch scholar and Professor in Amsterdam University prepared thesis on: “Anavils” and wrote a book “I Give Thee My Daughter “. He concluded, “Anavils are smart, efficient and clever but heavily disunited.”
Being a daughter of Anavil parents, I am also bought up in Anavil atmosphere. Today I introduce one of the most popular recopies made from this majestic flour, popularly known as Desai Vada no Lot.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 kg Cucumber
- 1 ½ cup Majestic Multigrain Flour
- 1 teaspoon Green chili paste
- ½ teaspoon Jeera (Cumin)
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Slight Hing powder (Asafoetida)
- ½ cup sour curd
- Salt to taste
- Grate the Cucumber.
- Add and mix all the above-mentioned ingredients in grated Cucumber.
- Keep the mixture for 30 minutes. Batter consistency semi thick.
- Next processes will be done with slow flame.
- Take a nonstick pan and spread 1 teaspoon oil.
- Spread the mixture.
- Heat it till it becomes red on corners.
- Turn the side, add 1 teaspoon oil on corners.
- Cook it till it becomes red on another side.
- It is ready to serve.
- It can be served with Green Chutney, Tomato Sauce, Murabba*, Fruit Jam, Chhundo* or Mango Pulp (Aam Ras).
This is a complete dinner menu.